Saturday, 21 January 2012
The first card is simple but elegant. White embossing medium on a bronze metallic cardstock was the first step. Because there is a large open area on this stencil I used the thicker cardstock so that it would buckle less. When it was dry I mounted it onto the white card base.
It's not a great picture but you can see the embellishments. They just aren't sparkly as in real life. I used white cotton trim across the card then added off white paper roses. The flourish is a rhinestone design.
This second card is foiled with left over scraps of foil and black flock powder..
White opal glitter was added to the background but in order to make the cameo stand out I coloured the white glitter around the outside of the cameo with black ink.
For the second set of cards I wanted to use a stencil that worked well with the stencil used in the preceeding class. I chose Dreamweaver LL3002 Rose Bush.
The cameo was embossed with a mixture of clear and white embossing medium. This allowed the colour of the base card to show through in some areas. When it was dry I cut it out with a circle die. Crocheted lace was attached under the edge of this circular piece.
The blue square base card was dry embossed with the rose stencil. I then went over the raised design with white pigment ink and a finger dauber. I then went back over the leaves with blue pigment ink to help highlight them. The cameo was mounted onto the card with foam squares and the ribbon added to finish the card.
Black embossing medium was used with the cameo on heavy white cardstock. While it was still wet gold glitter was added to the frame only. When it was dry I stenciled the rose design around the cameo fading with the ink as I got closer to the cameo. I added the black ribbon and bow then mounted the topper onto a metallic black card base.
Have fun creating.
Posted by Julie at 21:50